Business Services — August 29, 2023 at 2:07 pm

Limitless Agency: Demand for digital marketing services increased by 33% in the first half of the year. Romanian companies invest up to 150,000 euros monthly in online advertising


The digital marketing market in Romania is in a process of maturation and accelerated growth, against the background of the development of the local e-commerce industry. Thus, the demand for online promotion services increased by 33% between January and June 2023 compared to the same period last year, with companies allocating budgets of up to 150,000 euros per month for digital marketing campaigns, according to Limitless Agency data, one of the largest digital marketing agencies in Romania.

In this context, following this year’s online campaigns, Limitless Agency generated sales of over 35 million euros for its clients. At the business level, the company registered an increase of almost 30% in the second quarter compared to the first quarter of the year, estimating that it will end the year with a turnover of over 4 million euros.

Daniel-Slăvenie-CEO-Limitless-Agency“The local digital marketing market continues its growth this year, being in a maturing process. The growth is generated both by the development of the e-commerce industry and the emergence of more and more online stores, as well as by the orientation of companies towards promotional channels with effective results at a faster pace. That’s why, regardless of size, companies invest in online promotion from 1,000 euros monthly to very large amounts of 150,000 euros, a large part of the budget being allocated to SEO campaigns, followed by PPC ones. Although it still cannot be compared with the markets in northern Europe, the digital marketing market in Romania is getting stronger and is starting to be an increasingly important sector in the country’s economy”, says Daniel Slăvenie, CEO&Partner Limitless Agency, the main digital marketing agency for ecommerce.

The digital marketing market is closely related to the ecommerce market. For example, in the case of Limitless Agency, from the entire client portfolio, 75% of the companies that invest in online promotion are from the e-commerce sector and the remaining 25% from the service sector. The companies that invest the most in digital marketing are from the fields of fashion, home and garden, services, medical, auto, food, beauty, IT&C, baby and home & deco.

Companies allocate monthly budgets between 1,000 euros and 150,000 euros for promotion services through PPC campaigns (Google Shopping Ads, Facebook Ads) and SEO campaigns, aiming to increase the number of customers, increase sales and average order value, but also increase brand visibility.

Currently, the value of the digital marketing market in Romania is estimated at 180 million euros, according to data from IAB Europe (the European online marketing and advertising industry association). Thus, compared to other markets in Western and Northern Europe, the digital advertising market in Romania is a small market, with only 46% of online buyers out of the total population with Internet access versus 95%-97% online buyers in developed markets of the total population, the Limitless Agency analysis shows.

In addition, in terms of the budgets allocated to online promotion, ad spend, Romania represents only 121 million euros out of a total of over 80 billion euros at European level, in 2022, being in 24th place out of 29 among European countries, according to IAB Europe data.

Source: IAB Europe
Source: IAB Europe

In conducting promotional campaigns and analyzing online data, advanced technologies are increasingly used to increase traffic in online stores and the value of sales. Thus, in recent years, Limitless Agency has increased the adoption of technologies in the company’s processes, mainly using the TRUDA platform, the most advanced technology for analyzing data and product performance in an online store, to generate higher sales for customers.

Thus, in 2023, Limitless Agency will invest even more in the adoption of advanced technologies in the processes of the agency, in the optimization of the processes of creating ads for campaigns, and in the real-time analysis of sales in online stores. With the new investments, the company wants to strengthen its presence in the local digital marketing market and expand into Europe and the United States.